Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Freedom

This morning on the way to the gym I was feeling overwhelmed with what I perceive to be other people's negative opinions of me. A song came on the radio, and the music just caught me, not the lyrics, but the music. It's like Jesus was trying to get my attention and He was going to use what ever song on at that moment (even if it was a song about a father and daughter!) Anyways, He got my attention and I cried out to Him. I told Him I couldn't deal with all the negative thoughts plaguing my mind. He whispered to me, "You are enough for me." I believed Him for the first time in a long time. He was saying I haven't messed up to bad, or stumbled to to far for Him to love me and use me for His glory. I praised Him and after that I felt and still feel an overwhelming peace. He is opening up my eyes to His truth and revealing the lies I've been believing. He's reminding me in a very real way that I must trust only in Him. I must fear only Him, not others and their opinions, that is what Satan wants me to do and unfortunately I have wasted a lot of time doing it. No more, I can't do it on my own, but I am going to trust Him. It's about Him and what He thinks and His word tells me everything I need to know about that! I just want to encourage anyone who reads this to turn to Him and His word for your value, not other people's opinions. For one thing we never really know what people think of us because it's always coated in their personal issues and selfishness because they are only human like you, for another thing their opinion just really doesn't matter in the big scheme of things, but His does! You may know all of this, but just make sure your living it out, I wasn't but I'm going to trust in Him to get me right!

The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me. The Lord is with me; He is my helper. I will look in triumph on my enemies. Psalm 118: 6,7

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and knowledge of the Holy one is understanding.
Proverbs 9:10

3 comments:

Marcy said...

Jn. 8:36 says "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."

Love you, girl,

Marcy

Morgan said...

Wow, when I read your post, it was like a relief to me.. Not sure if it was for you, or for me, but in either case, I am soo happy for you.. God has plans for you and your family and Satan will try to destroy anything good. So all the negative thoughts you have been thinking about- Satan.. He stinks! keep writing.. I love reading your blog. Makes me feel not so lonely without you and my girls.. Love ya!

Lyndsay Taylor said...

So, this blog was written about a year ago, but so powerful!! I needed to hear it! Thank you LORD for this freedom we have in You! Love you girl.