Wednesday, July 23, 2008

His grace is all I need.

This summer I have been doing a bible study by Beth Moore called Living Beyond Yourself and I finished it today. I has been one of the best I've ever done. I really felt God speak this morning. He reminded me that I can turn everything over to Him and He will give me a clean slate every day. He gives me the ability to seek His will in the morning and all day long. Beth Moore suggested keeping a journal every night of all the ways God works in my life through out the day. I am going to try this, because my biggest struggle is staying focused on Him in my day to day life. I try to do life on my own and I just can't do it. I can't even begin to describe all the ways I mess up everyday, I sometimes start to think, maybe I'm just not cut out for life here. I start thinking about my endless list of short comings; I'm unorganized, I eat too much junk, I'm self conscious, I get stressed out too easily, I put my foot in my mouth all the time, I take things personally that I shouldn't, I forget things, I'm lazy, I'm spend to much money..........the list goes on and on. I get focused on my weakness and my junk, but that is not the Lord. The Lord reminds me that He equips me with everything I need for this life. He wants to use me, He wants to build me up, He loves me and that's enough. On my own, I will never amount to much but when I put all my being into seeking Him and His will, expecting Him to work, who knows what He will do with me. Witnessing God work through someone like me is truly witnessing a miracle! That is why I have to carry on and let him use my weakness to bring glory to himself. It's not always easy, I am constantly tempted to put up defenses and try to go it alone, but he reminds me that that road leads no where quick. God wants to be open about my weakness so that others know that anything good in my life came directly from Him. Only He gives me the ability to quit focusing on Me and make a difference in this world. I want the strength to be bold for Him here and do the good works he has prepared for me to do!

The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
His mercies never cease
Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning.

Lamentations 3:22-23

Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.

2 Corinthians 12:9

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Jesus tells us that while we're here, He wants to bless us...to give us that abundant life. The bigger picture, though, is the prize our eyes are to be focused on. Eternal life w/Him.

You mention not always feeling cut out for life here. You hit the nail on the head. You realize, Lori, that this world is not your home. Yes, while we're here, we'll do whatever it is we do well and for the glory of God. However, we're not to become comfortable here...just as the apostle Paul wrote about.

You hang in there, okay? You matter not only to me and countless others...you matter to the One who came to set you free...free indeed.

Inspite of our shortcomings (and I have a boatload as well), we've got to keep keepin' on. God uses, and will use, your honesty about your day to day feelings.

Keep being real. Love you, girl.

M.